Visit www.barracudasecurity.com

Legend

Location Of Theft in AQUA BLUE
URL Of Linked Article In STEEL BLUE or GREEN
Full Content Of Article In BLACK
Theft Description In Body Of Article in RED

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

BAHRAIN COMPUTER STOLEN FROM STUDENT AT ARABIAN GULF UNIVERSITY Gulf Daily News


Student's plea as work stolen

By GEOFFREY BEWPublished: 2nd March 2006

A MEDICAL student is offering a BD100 reward after her laptop computer containing vital course work and other valuables were stolen just weeks before her third-year exams. Kuwaiti Aysha Al Ammar also lost digital camera as well as her CPR card, driving licence, bankcards and student identification during the theft.

It happened while she attended an evening meeting of Kuwaiti students and the embassy at the Arabian Gulf University.

The Toshiba Satellite 1950 laptop and other valuables, worth a combined BD1,000, were stolen after she left them in a bag in the hall beside the rucksacks of several other students.

But when she returned from the 8pm appointment an hour later her bag was the only one missing.

Now the 21-year-old is offering the reward for the return of her valuables and has promised not to press charges.

"I went to the police and they said they would do what they can," she told the GDN.

"I don't care about the money, if I could just get my files and folders back.

"I am a medical student and I have a lot of files on the computer, all the information is there, and my exam is in two weeks.

"It is like a final exam, you either pass or fail there is no re-sit.

"My friends give me what information they can and they are doing their best to help me.

"There are also pictures with my family and friends on the computer and some are of me without my headscarf on.

"I did not sleep for one week after it happened."

Security at the university searched for her bag and questioned staff, but it has never been traced.

"I think it is one of the other students or one of the staff," she said.

"The day after my bag went I heard that the bag of another student was stolen and it had BD60 inside.

"How can they take something that is not for them?

"I have not told my family what happened because they will worry."

Anyone with information about the student's missing valuables is asked to e-mail agu_majala@hotmail.com.

No comments: